Author Topic: DX Report 8/9/14  (Read 1005 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 8/9/14
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:16:04 AM »
A few good ones and some comments as well.

HZ1SBS 14.285 0730Z.

BA4TB 21.001 0730Z.

MJ0EXV 21.033 2210Z.

BX4AD 14.014 13:20 with good signal.

Qsls received:  XT2CJA LX/OH2YL nice cards.

Comments:

I post lots of information on DXscape when ever I work a good one, or hear a  large pile up for a rare DX station. I have noticed that some seem to be ego inflated and spot themselves. Gosh, I am on frequency so everyone run to me since I am special. No, self spotting is frowned upon on DX scape.  Just pick out a frequency and announce your presence, we should not self spot.

I also noticed we apparently have some of those who are idle, so they post all the information about QZ6TZR, or send an O snap behind the call. Another worthless practice I could spot RG8U, or 5U4GB, or 6L6GB or 3-500Z but WHY?

Another practice I wish would vanish is spotting of qsos state side, the site reflects DX interest so what is the point of posting your state side contacts?  Yes, I know W1AW has been on and spotted, lots of interest, so be it, that will vanish as soon as the year ends. No one cares about your great qso you had with someone a few miles apart from one another.

I am not posting what number country I have worked, no one cares but me, another example of ego inflation, work the dx, or spot it you might give your state, I do, this it is useful to me. If say another station in Indiana, or Illinois is copying a P5 and they state this on their spot, I am sure I will hear it also.

I do not put much value to the W3LPL machine, mostly I ignore them. His beacon network spots stations from everywhere, but for the most part these signals are on the frequency, but either no propagation or no one else hears the spotted station. I followed his spots for a China qso on 40meters I needed to work another one. I heard one station, but no other callers of any of the spotted stations, tells me something. Either they were never there, or so far down in the noise or no propagation to this area. Yet, with some of his posts he claims they are heard somewhere in the world, but not in this area.

Personally, drop it. Ok, my comments, have a good weekend and we keep posting. Good DX as always.