Author Topic: DX Report 8/10/14  (Read 938 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 8/10/14
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:07:20 AM »
Looks like another contest of some sort going on for the weekend, so will resume regular reporting come Monday. I have not received any qsl from the FT5ZM effort as of this date. Last word I had was the cards were supposed to go out at the end of July. If that was so we have received nothing via N2OO. I have heard some have received cards using OQRS, but the paper is being held up by the printer.

It took several months for the XZ1J cards to show up, but they did I was beginning to think this was a lost cause. One station in India I worked on ten meters has not responded as of this date and the qsl was sent direct. I will find the call letters in my log and advise. The contact is months old, so we will see what happens in the coming weeks? 

I am still in the process of transferring my paper logs to QRZ logging program, I do a few each day, but it will take me quite some time since I have over 60 log books and have done about ten of them. Right now just logging DX stations, but plan to start a state side log as well. I may have to designate this as Mobile, but that is alright, I just want to log them in some order so I can call them up if needed.

My DXCC endorsements will be sent to ARRL as soon as I receive the FT5ZM cards, I have over a 120 to apply to DX challenge and endorsements for DXCC. I had no luck with the the recent VK9 efforts, I had hoped for a contact on 15, but this was another five by 2 operation. On five minutes a day and two contacts!   We will wait for a more serious effort in the coming months. . Ok that is it for this morning.