Author Topic: DX Report 1/18/14  (Read 1076 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 1/18/14
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:19 AM »
Looks like the bands are not as good as they were a few weeks ago, hopefully we have good propagation for the upcoming expedition, but we may not be blessed with them.

The top few of the last few hours are listed:

KH2/N2NL 7.015 1230Z this one is active for a few minutes a day, been spotted on various bands.

BG2AUE 7.019 1130Z still no qsl received from this station, been a couple of months, hopefully will see something soon.

XT2AW 14.032 0900Z more activity from XT land.

FK8RO 0130Z 21.001 good signal.

9M2RDX 21.009 0030Z on for brief time.

QSLS received  T33A via his stateside manager, check QRZ.com for qsl manager info. Confirmed this one for 15 and 10.

ZD7DC finally arrived, I must say in the mailing process this card got worked over very well. My return envelope arrived in a U.S. damaged mail envelope. My original return envelope had most of the side missing, the qsl card was bent and looked like it got run over by a truck!  The qsl was nice and confirmed a 15 meter contact. I have received qsl cards in my return envelopes from all over the world and this is the first time I have had this happen.

I am assuming mail on the island of St. Helena is delivered and sent out about every month, or two, so this may be the explanation that someone just did not care about the mail that much. Nice stamp on my envelope, plan to forward it to a ham friend who is a stamp collector.

Be advised, if you sent a card direct and you receive a reply it may be in bad shape when it arrives. Maybe not?   Thing is, even if the card is bent the information is still there for DXCC credit. Good luck...