Author Topic: DX Report 11/18/12  (Read 1722 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 11/18/12
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:05:23 AM »
PT0S will continue their operation until the 25th, if you have not snagged this one on some band, be sure and make an effort. It will probably be some time before this entity is activated again. Lots of activity on 40 meter cw and ssb, very good signal into the states.

V84SMD makes infrequent appearances mostly twenty cw and some phone activity. Signal from this station has been weak and barely copyable at my location.  So far, nothing heard on 40 cw where I can use a contact.

This weekend Sweepstakes phone, not a lot of activity at five in the morning, but enough to keep me busy for a 100 or so contacts.

One more item of mention BM2LF active from Taiwan this is a special event station and shows up now and then on 40 cw. Odd thing about Chinese ops, they appear and vanish quickly. They do not stick around on frequency and work a lot of stations. Most activity centers around 7.022 in the early hours of the morning. Some signals good, while others nothing.

Check DXscape for all details.  Recently, I have noticed on DXscape a number of people sending in pointless reports about a non existent station of QZ6TZR and using O snap. I fail to see the humor in this farce and wish this would vanish.

Have fun this weekend and good DX.