Author Topic: DX Report 11/25/13  (Read 1099 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 11/25/13
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
DX contest over the weekend CW, I opted this year to spend most of my operating time on ten meters to add more band countries to my DX challenge total. Although a few contacts were made on 40 and some on 15 I decided to push hard on ten meters and see what the band brought me.

I found Z81R with a good signal down at the bottom of the band, nice operation from Southern Sudan station was busy with callers, not a new one on ten, but good one to catch in the contest.

Lots of big signals from Europe, an abundance of 9A stations, ZD8X with a very strong signal GD6IA about twenty over  plus D4C equally as strong. Towards the afternoon, Europe began to fade in favor of South America, for once it appears we had some good representation from Chile,  Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Uruguay, and my last contact was AH0K weak but workable from Zone 27.

Pretty good signals from Zones 14, 15, 20,21, 36, 24,24, 27, Nothing heard, or worked from VK/ZL and only one station heard briefly from the South Pacific being 3D2R. Over all the contest in my opinion was pretty good and a few new ones on ten meters were worked.

Each year, I select a band for the contest, 20/15/10 and try to work new band countries, ten and 15 in the past were bands I worked for my 5 Band DXCC and DX challenge, once they were finished I pretty much stayed on twenty until a few months ago. By expanding my band coverage I am adding new band countries rapidly.

Hope you had a good contest and worked some new ones.