Author Topic: DX Report 9/21/13  (Read 1170 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 9/21/13
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:04:58 AM »
Rare one showed up with very good signal  6O0LA  is six Oscar Zero, station was worked on twenty meters 14.214 up two, nice signal and great to hear some activity from a rare African country. I have in the past worked this country under the T5 prefix and have also the 6O0 prefix. Not sure how long this operation will last, operator says he does work 15 meters as well.

XZ1Z was reported to be on 15 meters last night about  9PM  21.030 up two to five. However, 15 was pretty dead and I detected only a very very weak signal. Nothing copyable and the only stations that worked him stateside were west coast.

Be prepared for a large pile up with this one, it is a Japanese op and full information is on the web site by this station. Perhaps, if propagation improves I may get a shot at him on 15, or ten. Worked years ago several operations on twenty, but no other bands.   Let' see what happens in the coming days? 

3d2GC also active from Rotuma, very good signal, station was worked on twenty, but have not heard them on other bands as of this date.