Author Topic: DX Report 8/1/13  (Read 1378 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 8/1/13
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
Sounds like the static levels on the bands are getting less, by fall I certainly hope the bands will be quiet and DXing will be good once again. Of course this depends on our propagation cycle as well.

Hopefully, in the next couple of months after repairs and replacement of one of my beams I can also report on 15 and ten meters in the coming months.

As to the most recent stations on 40 meters T77C, 7.008 0530Z this station makes an appearance now and then, you just have to be in the right place, at the right time. Good signal when they do operate, but the pile up is huge.

Good to hear V73NB making it again on 40 7.018   0840Z with pretty good signal.

Yesterday morning copied two JA stations on 40meters with good signals and one VK station. It does appear indeed band conditions are improving after a horrid summer for DXing.

A couple of those elusive stations from China on 40, but no one back this way copied them, mostly west coast stations reported either working them, or hearing one, maybe two stations from China.. That is one country I am looking for again on 40 meters, have worked them under a Canadian operator. Well, if you followed my reports you know the story about this one. The qsl manager, or if you can call him that by any stretch of the imagination does not care if anyone receives a card, or not. Claims he is too busy to fool with such things... So, we are on the prowl again for a good contact in to China on 40 meters, might have a chance in the fall and winter...