Author Topic: DX Report 5/26/13  (Read 1308 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 5/26/13
« on: May 26, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »
Over the weekend the WPX contest CW in full operation, lots of stations calling CQ as usual and odd prefixes from various state side stations and a few contest dx stations as well.

Bands were not outstanding, but a few good ones surfaced with different prefixes. P3 for one is rarely used by Cyprus, but it is in contests like the WPX. I passed over this one on the contest since I have worked P3 in other contests and received a card.

Of those outstanding on 40 were YJ0PO, made a brief appearance 7.017 1130z but did not stay long.

Another 9M6XRO 7.031 1130z this op is also good for qsl cards, worked a couple of months ago on 40 during the early hours of the morning.

Only one report surfaced of B1C this is the contest stations for China and only one station reported hearing them in Nevada. Nothing heard at my location on the spotted frequency.

For those of you needing the 50th state lots of activity from Kh6LC, big signal on 7.028  1150z.

For the rarest of them all and operation from SV2ASP/A is now on the air using mostly 17 meters, this is rare Mt. Athos and there is a monk who resides on the island and has a ham license. His time on the air is limited, but at least there is some activity. In the past only limited operations have taken place and major expeditions are frowned upon by residents of the island.

If you look up the history of Mt. Athos nothing female is allowed on the island, it is all Monks, they maintain a strict quiet existence. So, if you get a chance with SV2ASP/A grab it and be thankful you made a contact.

I have about three operations I have worked over the years all on twenty meters.

Check DXscape for all details on this one, only one spot for a very short period of time was noted.