Author Topic: DX Report 5/3/13  (Read 1281 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 5/3/13
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:03:58 AM »
Bands continue to be very poor with little action these days. However, we always have some thing going on and this is my list of stations either worked, or heard.

VP2MRV active around 7.008 on a daily basis and big signal, 0930z and yes this station does qsl if you use a couple of green stamps with your request.

9K2UU 7.157 around 5:30z this one has a qsl manager in Spain so this may be a better outlet then 9K2MU. This station does not reply to any direct requests, but does qsl via LOTW and EQSL. If one is not a user of LOTW, or EQSL you are out of luck, save your money and do not send a direct request. I have two requests dating back over two years and no reply.

I also noted one spot from 1A on twenty meters, this may be a very limited operation from the S.M.O.M. In fact all operations from this rare one is limited in antennas, times of operation and noise. The country is very small, in fact just a few acres and is activated now and then, no large antennas, generators, etc. Makes it challenging, but over the years I have worked this rare one on three bands.

Keep your ears open and check DXscape for any spots for this one.

Note, copied VK9NT on 7.175 this is Norfolk Island and operating simplex 40 meter phone. Signal was pretty weak, heard several Japanese stations calling, but have this one on three bands so no effort made on 40.

Worked A35JP 7.002 up 2 1200z, nice signal kept up a good signal well after sunrise. This one is a rare IOTA as well as counting for Tonga.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:13:42 AM by k4lrx »