Author Topic: DX Report 3/20/13  (Read 1429 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 3/20/13
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:07:57 AM »
Bands pretty bad this morning, however H44G was on this morning around 1000Z up two 7.005 khz for about an hour. Mostly working JA stations in fact I only heard this operation return to one station in the states. Nothing on 40 so far from H40. T2GM also on earlier but not for long.

It appears the H44 and H40 operation have limited time and are on for only a short time, then they vanish abruptly and maybe they return at a later time. This may be due to available power, or charging batteries, who knows. but it appears the clock is running each time they appear and if you are in the window of opportunity you may and this is maybe get a contact.

Yesterday morning a brief ssb operation from H40 took place on 40 ssb, around 1200 z 7.150khz It seems the channel was occupied stateside by a few stations. After being advised of the DX station on the frequency this group kept talking and no one else could hear the dx station. I realize that 40 meter phone is a problem in this capacity and I prefer dx hunting on cw in the lower end of 40.

Only other station to mention this morning was a brief appearance of a suitcase operation by a zero station to PJ7. again take your chances with suitcase operations. No documentation to the league and no credit, that simple.