Author Topic: Six meters 7/08/16  (Read 1031 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Six meters 7/08/16
« on: July 08, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »
Not too often do I mention six meters since this band is not open that much. However, the night of the 7th the band opened up for about and hour or longer. Signals were strong from AZ, NM, CO, plus several stations worked in California.  We spend our time on six between 50.090 to 50.1 last signal to fade out was W0OGH in Colorado. We are still hoping for a KH6 contact on six, but it just is not happening.

Unless there is a really good station in KH6 they will not be heard back this way, in fact I have watched the spots on DX scape and have never seen anyone spot a KH6, this should tell me something.

I had a good chance to turn my new Expert 1.3 loose on six and it does make the difference on the long haul, we were being heard well in California, but the return signals were around a 579 and one was really weak, but we made a contact. I did not try ssb last night, too busy on cw with many callers. I will check the band tonight, but we know how six is, one night great and then maybe nothing for weeks.