Author Topic: DX Report 1/16/15  (Read 853 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 1/16/15
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:38:51 AM »
We have just a few to report.

E51J 7.012 0630Z, 10.115 up 0800Z.

BG2AUE 10.112 0000Z

K5P continues on 20, I had mentioned about the fact the signal was so weak and many had trouble copying the station. I found out that the expedition is limited to Vertical antennas and could not erect a yagi.  Since this island is a U.S. possession and has some restrictions, this is one of them. Verticals, work good sometimes, while other times they do not due to ground conductivity. I have to give the group an "A" for effort, but an "F" in antennas. The signal just is not there at all much beyond the noise level.

We are still hoping for a contact at least on 15, we got one on 20, but have this one confirmed both CW and SSB. from the last operation some years ago. It does not look promising.

The rumors are flying about the last 3Z9DX/P5 operation, one such rumor was it was faked. However, I noticed this proposed operation later on in the year has been dropped from the listings for now. It just seems too uncertain and for one man operation to try and take on the world is just plain nuts. As we say, "Stay Tuned' we shall see what happens?