Author Topic: Suggestion for DX operations  (Read 945 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Suggestion for DX operations
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »
There are several places on this planet we might want to consider some activation, a major operation or just a few days. The demand exceeds the available time anyone has activated these entities.

Keep in mind these are just a few suggestions and I am sure you have your own list of needed entities over all, or needed band countries.

I have been an avid Dxer for decades have worked countless numbers of expeditions, short visits to rare places and chased the elusive ones up and down the bands.

With that my listings of those countries that could stand some activation in some way, phone, CW, Digital, or all three.

First in the Zones Zone 2, it seems to be the rarest one in the North America Region. Zone 23, and Zone 24 are not that plentiful, but workable.

The FP8, CY9, CY0 operations have been plentiful, but someone could always use them. Moving to the South, we have VP9, unless someone from the states activates this using a portable call, how many times have we actually heard a VP9?  The local activity is for the most part non existent, yet I am sure plenty of hams could use a multi band effort.

Looking at Central America, we see that HP Panama has become rather dormant in the last decade, some activity has surfaced in the last couple of weeks. TI9, this does have some activation now and then, but again the demand is high and many just have not worked it.

XF4 again the same scenario as mentioned above, some joint U.S. Mexican effort might bring this one to life. Last operation was a couple of years ago. Great ops, need more activity then spaced out every couple of years.

To the Caribbean, we just had the K1N operation, we applaud their efforts, this leaves us with some other needed band countries. FS7 this one is rarely activated and virtually no local activity, only time you work this one is if someone is using a portable call. This entity seems neglected. How about HH2, it has been dormant for some time, a moderate operation surfaced for a short time, but seemingly vanished.

VP5 Grand Turk Island, this one has not been heard that often, I am sure some big pile ups would result if it were activated.

Further South, it has been many years since the activation of South Sandwich, South Georgia, or South Orkney. I can understand the reluctance since the average temps are way down the thermometer.

The Pacific the first one I have is T31, no one goes there, T33 and T32 have been run a lot, but no one goes to T31. A full time expedition to Ducie Island, VP6 is certainly one in high demand.

The next ones are all U.S. Possessions KH1, KH3, KH4, KH5,KH7K Kure, KH8 another repeat of Swains Island.

We could use full time operations from any VK9, VK0, seems last few ventures to VK9 were not that active.

Let’s move to Asia, well everyone needs P5, chances of it, who knows?

BV9 and BS7, only one activation a few years ago, need more activity.

A51, since A51PN went off the air, this entity has not been heard, some efforts to activate it were not that plentiful in contacts. We also have XW, XU, XZ sparse activity over a long period.

S21 this one has seen little activation over the years, last contact was a 15 meter qso about two years ago.

Moving over to Africa, well take your pick in the terrible T prefix. Also, 9X5, 9U5.

Lastly, one of the rarest is SV/A Mount Athos, my feelings are on this if it is possible to operate and the monks would tolerate it, then we do it. Otherwise, show them respect and dignity and accept their rights to the holy mountain as they call it.

Granted, these are but a few suggestions and I am sure you have your list. Perhaps we can convince our boys from INDEXA to take another venture?  Feel free to add your list as well, perhaps we can put some bugs in the right ears?