Author Topic: Comments on DXscape posting.  (Read 1172 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Comments on DXscape posting.
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »
I have also posted this on QRZ.com

DX Scape usage.

I have felt for some time that we need suggestions as to what to post on DX scape, I check this site every day for interesting DX stations. That is the intention of the site, information about DX stations and not the following misuse of the web site.

Some of my observations are the following:

Self spotting of stateside stations on the U.S. listings, you are not DX to North America, what do you hope to accomplish?  Eliminate self spotting.

2.  State side to state side postings, again you are not dx and no one really cares that you had a great qso with someone a 1000 miles from your location. Again, not DX.

3. Listing your latest numbered conquest, no one cares but you, I am not impressed with what number country you just worked for DXCC.

4.  Posting of QZ6TZR what is the point of this, those posting this nonsense must not have anything else to do with the computer?

5. Posting of a qso with Via QZ6TZR, same as above, what is the point?

6. Posts that call other ops names, such as “idiot, or Lid. Or other profane expressions.

7. With this next observation I notice that on many occasions such as a RTTY contest there are many postings in the CW.SSB columns. There is a Digital posting, look down at the bottom of the website where you select the bands and locations.. To the left are several other categories, namely for digital operation. Got no problem with those who operate digital, may try it my self someday. Just post it in the right area.

8. Posting of your log, listing every contact you just made, nothing unusual about a whole string of qsos from Europe, or Japan.

9.I am on the fence about the W3LPL spots, most of them are worthless, with the listings of Heard in this state or that state. His posting never list by what station actually heard the DX station. Plus, you will notice no one else spots the stations he claims to be heard in various states.

10, Critical remarks of DX operations, you are not in the operators chair, they may be doing the best they can under adverse conditions.

Keep in mind these are just suggestions of how to improve the overall information in the site, I would be interested in comments from other stations with their input. Keep the conversation clean and civil, just your opinions.

Bill, K4LRX