Author Topic: K1N comments  (Read 817 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
K1N comments
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
Now that the K1N operation is over and the bands calm down a little I do have some comments to express.

This was one of the best operations I have seen in sometime, it was run the way an expedition should be run gone were the  poor excuses I have seen in the last few I attempted to work. The ops were seasoned veterans both in phone and cw they real knocked off the contacts and put Navassa on the air at least for two weeks.

Of course we had those intentional interference issues, grown men acting like children with a warped attitude. If i cannot work it, you cannot either because I am going to make it hard by generating obnoxious noise on the frequency of the DX station.

Others whined and moaned about the fact that DXers were occupying their little space on certain bands for a two week operation. My gosh find another frequency until the expedition is over, no one owns a certain band or frequency.

We heard the usual complaining about what mode, time, or favoring a certain area, personally the balance was as good as we can expect.

I for one lucked out with six contacts with K1N got my cw contact and 10/15/20/17/40 indeed nice run and well done operation. It may be another decade before we hear KP1on the air again, but until that time we can all talk about the best operation in 2015 that has hit the air in some time.

On a scale of one to ten and ten being the best rating I give them a 10+, if you did not get a contact then hope for another well run operation in about ten years. In the mean time, the bands are pretty good, so let’s look for some more DX stations during the year.