Author Topic: DX Report 11/8/14  (Read 1043 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 11/8/14
« on: November 08, 2014, 04:55:19 AM »
First, if you have not gained a contact with FT4TA you have two more days, according to their website they will fold their tent on the 10th.

Unless I have a shot again on 40, looks like I will have to settle for 10 and 15 and that was my objective. Worked them on those bands with no problem.

Ok, what else do we have?

5W1SA 10.118 0550Z.

5W1SA 14.052 0440Z.

FT4TA 18.130 up 5 0030Z.

8Q7OO 21.005 o440Z.

5W1SA 28.026 0144Z.

Comments on FT4TA we were blessed with intentional qrm, self appointed band cops and those that could not seem to figure out up means split.

The operation was among the best ratings and lots of activity on many bands, no cat and mouse games and five minute a day operation like a few so called expeditions in the past.

Good cw op and phone ops, oh you had some complaining about not favoring a certain area, or the usual moaning and whining versus cw or phone, or band choice. I look at this way, these fellows are busting their butts to provide a rare one. Have you taken a look at Tromelin Island, there is virtually nothing there,  desolate place with one air strip and one building. Not your island paradise to be sure.  Based on past activity, it may be a decade before we see something from that area again.  So the expedition calls the shots, not us, all we have to do is sit in the comfort of our shacks and work them. Send in a few dollars to support the venture, not a big deal for me.

Glad to add this one for three bands. cw and SSB. Ok, good luck on catching them.