Author Topic: DX Report 10/23/12  (Read 2037 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 10/23/12
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
For fun the morning of 10/23/12 at 1208 I worked T30PY as I mentioned in a prior post this station has an odd pattern and the ssb ops are a little hard to understand what they are saying on the air.

However, this morning  40 meters this station was worked on 40 ssb. T30PY was transmitting on 7.085 and listening on 7.130 khz. I found this odd since that frequency is normally used for an Australian net that meets on a regular basis in the early hours of the morning. I often hear many of the VK stations from all districts on this frequency. I suppose the Aussies found another channel but the pile up was huge.

Another station that has surfaced from the same area is P29VCX, pretty good signal on 30 mhz at various times and active on 40/20 and 30 in the last few days. P29 Papua New Guinea has not had much activity over the last few years. If you are in need of this one grab it while you can and hope you break the huge pile ups.

Check DX scape for all details, plus qsl information on the various web sites by many rare dx stations.