Author Topic: DX Report 10/21/12  (Read 2019 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 10/21/12
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »
Bands continue to be fair to poor, however a few good ones are making it on the bands with very good signals.

I worked 3B9SP on twenty meter ssb, this station was very strong on 14, 145 listening from 14,150 to 14,170, the operator is a little slow coming back to callers, but I used the highest channel he announced. Namely, 14,170 and quickly made a contact. I had worked this island before so really nothing new, but good to know I can be heard under the most adverse conditions.

There are several stations surfacing from T6, this is Afghanistan and the T6 prefix is normally used for those visiting the country, the regular prefix is YA and over the years I have only found one of them on twenty meters many years ago.

The T6 prefix has been issued to mostly military personnel, caught one T6LG on twenty meter cw, 14,015 up 2, good signal and great cw operator. There are others as well, this is a pretty rare country, so grab it while you can. On both stations check DX scape for all details, bands, frequencies.

Band openings are scarce, you just have to be on at the right time to catch the rare ones, for the most part bands remain dead during the day, pick up modestly during the evening.

Over the weekend, WAG contest, Worked all Germany.  Lots of stations on the air so far...