Author Topic: DX Report 7/6/18  (Read 1048 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 7/6/18
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
Hope everyone had a safe and fun filled 4th, I wish I could report the bands were hopping, but that is not the case.. Last notable DX  for me was a station in China, if you are lucky enough to catch the short opening in the morning hours. In this case BG4GOV was worked on 14.012 at 7:30 local time, or 12:30 Z.

That has been about it, the KH1 expedition has folded up their tents, I must say despite the poorest of conditions these guys did a bang up job, I found little to no action on ten, same with 80 meters. We had hoped for a contact on those bands, but it did not happen, so maybe next time.

Oh a little tip on Chinese stations, they are on in the morning hours around 1200Z or about 7 AM local time, some have pretty good signals, others, down in the noise. It seems the Chinese ops are not familiar with our practice of tail ending, that is signing your call right after they finish a contact. If your normal approach fails, then try transmitting their call and yours as the caller. Some who have very good signals are BX2AC and BG4GOV, their contest station is B1Z and is active in the DX world wide contests, In fact they were copied on 40 meters in the last contest with a booming signal, mostly CW so dust off the keyed and jump in the pile up. Ok, till we have something else to report, we may post something every other day since most days have been pretty bad on the bands.