Author Topic: DX Report 6/25/18  (Read 1058 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 6/25/18
« on: June 25, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »
Field Day 2018 has now come and gone, hope you had the time, or up to the event and did some operating, bands are not showing much improvement, just about the same with poor conditions during the day. According to the latest news there should be and we hope this one gets off the ground is an operation from KH1, this is Baker and Howland Island. We could use this one on ten meters, marginal at best, I do not look for any operation on that band, but then again we never know. Also 80 meters, this time of year with the higher static levels it may be a real challenge, I am not holding my breath.

I have qsl cards from dating back to the late 50's and early sixties of operations from this rare island this was back when the KB6 prefix was used and the first letter of the suffix indicated the location. We worked a few stations on 15 meters with ease then, far cry from what that band used to be and what it is now. I have not been on 15 at all for months, just nothing making it, same thing with ten meters. Watch the DX clusters on this one and if you get a chance go for it, since it may be several years before another attempt by anyone.