Author Topic: DX Report 6/10/18  (Read 1003 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 6/10/18
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:25:47 AM »
I would like to list a whole lot of dx stations heard, or worked on the bands, but if you have tuned across them lately you will find they are pretty dead. I had hoped for some announced action from 6O, but so far not a peep from that operation. I just did not think it would get off the ground due to several factors involved. High static crashes on the lower bands and they are also not showing much propagation makes ham radio dx contacts at a minimum.

As of lately, in the early hours of the morning and I am saying 1200Z to around 1500Z a few stronger stations from Japan have been heard, or worked. Also, during some evenings stations from New Zealand are coming in very well, Usually around 0300Z, or later this will last about an hour, maybe two and that is it for the day. Not much else, there has been some scattered DX such as A41 on the air, I had seen some complaints about one station A41NN that works a lot of stations, but never confirms the contacts.

Summer does not look promising so be good time to do some antenna work, replace aging wire antenna, or add new ones. We are planning to replace our six meter beam since some trouble developed with it. Last time it was down the elements are very brittle due to age, so time for a replacement. I am still searching for that last state on six and it is KH6, so maybe I might get lucky. Not giving up, but who knows what will happen in the next few months?