Author Topic: DX Report 5/31/18  (Read 1070 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 5/31/18
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Only a few offerings in the last couple of days, There are a couple of special event stations using the OT70 prefix this is the 70th anniversary of the Belgian ham radio organization. I understand there is a nice paper certificate offered.

Also, 4U1ITU made a brief appearance this station is located in Geneva, Switzerland we caught this one again on 14.034 at 11:30Z nice signal as always. Remember, the only two stations that count as separate entities using the 4U1 prefix are the two mentioned, 4U1UN is in NYC, rare as hen's teeth, but occasionally operates.

4U1WB is the World Bank station, it does count for a U.S. Contact, you can claim the state, or county, it does not count as a separate entity as the other two mentioned. On the DXCC credit it does count as a U.S. Contact, that is it.

Looks like the special event from Israel is over, never heard the last two letters needed for completion, so guess we missed the boat on this one.

Only one station from China noted early in the morning, BD5OQ on twenty meters, seems these stations call CQ reply to one call and then vanish. May be they do not understand what is going on since you hear many stations just sending their calls. So be it, work them if you hear a station in China and be glad you were recognized. Ok, that is it, oh as I mentioned 600X should be on in the next few days, but according to the information I have, the op is a single op using a dipole and 100 watts of CW with conditions so poor well good luck on this one.