Author Topic: DX Report 2/28/18  (Read 1085 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 2/28/18
« on: February 28, 2018, 01:36:03 AM »
Looks like February is going to end with some good propagation on the lower bands. We have had a good run this year on 80 meters and we may have another month, maybe two before the band starts to get noisy and become useless during the summer.

3D2EU is really active and working all bands, well those that are open and a very big signal on 40. Ok, we did work TY1TT on 80 meters for a new band country 3.502 up 2 0130Z. Good signal and great catch on 80 meters. I had hoped for an 80 meter contact with 3D2EU, but so far no copy, it is surprising since that part of the world normally comes in very well during early morning and evening. We have had no trouble copying VK/ZL stations, so to not hear 3D2EU is surprising. Perhaps, the propagation will improve in the coming days for 80 meters to that area.

As to Kosovo as I mentioned, there has been another station spotted and that is Z68M so far that is three stations from this new entity, I am sure more will follow. 

For those of you looking for some dx on 75 meters check the window of 3.790 to 3.800 Khz some big signals from Europe and they are easy to work, the stations are on nightly several are using 80 meter beams. If you do not hear anything one night, check again later. Big signals from Austria, Serbia, Spain, Italy, and England. With their large antennas they can copy stations in the states using average dipoles, or verticals. Never know until you push the transmit button. Check around 10 PM local time, or a little later, you might be amazed!