Author Topic: DX Report 1/17/18  (Read 885 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 1/17/18
« on: January 17, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »
Looks like the E31A expedition is underway and going pretty good. I have not been able to hear them on 80 meters, not even a whisper, but had no trouble working the station on 15. It was a short window of opening, but we were in the right place, at the right time.

Now contrary to what you may have heard in the rumor mill, the 3Y0 expedition is not underway as of this time, this operation is not scheduled until later on this month. I am sure you will not have any trouble knowing where they are since the pile ups will be huge. This will probably be the biggest effort we have had in some time, I would urge anyone working this group to send in a donation to the cause. A few dollars is a small price to pay for a rare entity operation, plus the weather on the island is very harsh, takes a real determined group to spend a week, or two on the island. I am sure they will use OQRS as well as other avenues for donations, it takes a huge amount, so do not fail to donate even a few dollars..

In one last report, it pays to have a good antenna on 40, yesterday I copied JA5BIN on 7.128 with a very good signal around 2100Z, that is three in the afternoon, the sun was still shining at my location. This station worked several U.S. stations, I did not attempt to since I have Japan several times on 40 meters. JA5BIN was running a two element 40 meter beam at 70 some odd feet, out standing signal.

However, this is a good place to find DX on 40 meter phone, 7.128 and 7.130 supports a lot of nets from VK and JA land, plus YB0. Keep those ears open and you will hear them with no trouble. Ok, more info to come once I get it and have it with accuracy no rumors, guesswork, or information in area if possible. So, keep your rigs warm, amps working and antennas in good shape. Later for now.