Author Topic: DX Report 11/20/17  (Read 803 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 11/20/17
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:49:26 AM »
Apparently the J5T operation is still going to the 26th, it has been quite a Dx Expedition and the ops are superb. I noticed the other night they had a web site with real time log. This is where I was jumping with glee, I saw on the DX cluster they were on 80 meters,3.708 and listening five down.

I thought well let's give it one more try and see if we can make a contact, the signal from J5T was just about even with the noise level and that was high last night. S meter resting at S8 or S9 and a weaker signal makes life a little difficult.

I called, no contact, tried again, third time J5T op said  "The K4" I fired my call again, he got part of it, tried again, he got it all, 59/59 checked the on line log and with in minutes of the contact there I was IN THE LOG, just one of those little moments of Joy for an avid DXer. So, we gained two new band countries 40/80, both took a little dedication in getting through the pile ups, but determination pays off.

Next one to look forward to is the operation from Ghana if this one gets going as they stated. Stay Tuned.