Author Topic: DX Report 10/04/17  (Read 824 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 10/04/17
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »
Two stations have surfaced in the DX world and both of them are not expeditions, rather they are an on and off operation, I sum this up when they are off more then on, so be it.

A5A has made appearances on twenty meter phone and SSB a few contacts have resulted with state side ops. Mostly on CW this station is around 14.005 and 14.160. One time he is on is around 0500Z and this of course translates to around midnight our time. Band is pretty dead at that time, I did hear some West coast stations calling many times and no contact. Nothing on this end was ever heard so far.

Last time this same operation took place we did snag him on twenty meter phone on a quick opening in the morning hours. Another time they are appearing is around 0200Z again for a few contacts, few people are hearing this operation. I for one can use a CW contact, but have to hear then first, this operation will go until October 8th.

I did see that VK9XI has surfaced at least long enough for one spot and that was it, not holding my breath for this one and do not need it, only spot was twenty meter phone,then gone. Ok, so be it, nothing much else making it worth a mention. Be nice if A5 would run 15 and ten, but with the low sunspot count you will never hear them.