Author Topic: DX Report 4/3/17  (Read 764 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 4/3/17
« on: April 03, 2017, 05:00:07 AM »
I have not seen the bands this bad in some time, short windows of openings, mostly in the afternoon seems to be the norm as of lately.

We do have a scant few to report and it is scant.

CV5A this is an IOTA effort, if you are not into IOTA then it counts as Uruguay. 10.104 0330Z.

ZP6CW 10.103 0100 We worked this station almost two years ago and have yet to receive a qsl card, now the situation as far as this country is concerned in regards to mail, it is marginal at best. Your mail may never reach the intended station, rather it might be stolen and the Green stamps inside line someone's pocket. This station does respond to Electronic qsls, such as EQSL and QRZ, not sure about LOTW?

FY5KE this is another example of a qsl manager letting requests back up, qsl via the manager in France listed on QRZ, but we have not received a thing in over six months.. We shall see if it ever surfaces, not holding my breath.

ZD7BG new one on the scene 21.025 1810Z.

VP8LP nice catch on ten if you can hear him, 28.495 1940Z.

Now, as to six meters, I have noticed a large number of contacts made on 50.280 we are not sure how all these listed contacts are made with a very dead band. If any one has a clue as to the system used, is it a repeater, a down link, IRLP, who knows anyone? I  have not heard a sound on that frequency, zero zip. We have not made any contacts on six for months, only thing we have heard are a few stations in Indiana about 50 miles, or more North of us. They meet in the morning hours and chat for a while, otherwise we have heard nothing. Our antenna system for six is a six element yagi at 80 feet, if the band shows any promise we can hear it.