Author Topic: DX Comments  (Read 772 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Comments
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
Ever notice with every major expedition we have numerous whiners directing comments towards the DX expedition?  It seems we have those who complain about what band they are working, you should be on 40, when they are working 80. Or, my favorite is the DX is running CW you have those who cannot copy CW so they whine about it and want the DX to go to the phone band. Vice Versa, if they are working phone some want CW, it seems it is all about me.

Some complain about the DX working Japan, or Europe and not working the U.S. Or North America when they are front of their radios. I got news for you, DX expeditions do not take a major trip to only work North America, nor do they make the trip to work just you and all your demands for certain bands, modes, or defined band segments. It seems the General class complains that the DX is not working in the General Class band, or the Extra class complains if they are staying in the General portion too long.

Some times the DX will work by call districts, thus making the pile up more orderly, yet you have some who complain if they spend too long in one district. I am waiting for you, I am here in the 5th, or 6th district and gee drop everything and work me.

One of the instances of being inconsiderate is a DX station shows up on 20 meters, he is working SSB, so a state side op crashes the pile up and makes a request that the DX station meet him on 15, or ten meters. So, the DX station takes off, leaving a huge pile up on 20. Some how they never return to 20 meters  their presence is on another band is in high demand as well. The results on 20 are the original pile up is never returned to 20 and picked up where they left off.  The height of being inconsiderate has again raised its ugly head!

Thing is, I never ask a dx station to cater to my requests, or needs, I leave the qso with "Maybe we will work you on other bands" if we do fine, if not, maybe there will be a next time?