Author Topic: Contest Comments 3/5/17  (Read 882 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Contest Comments 3/5/17
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
The ARRL DX phone contest is now history and this one was not noted for excellent band conditions.. The bands for the most part were horrid due to a magnetic disturbance. This affected 20/15/10 on those bands Europe was much weaker then usual and the number of stations operating were at a minimum. Mostly, the contest for these bands produced Caribbean and South America Contacts, nothing much from Asia, or the South Pacific, Africa had one strong ZS6 on phone, plus two Canary Island stations, that was it.

Forty meters was amazing on Friday and Saturday nights, Europe, South America and Africa that is about three of them were coming in like locals. It was my intention to work the contest more on Sunday afternoon, but once I heard the condition of the bands, i opted for a short nap. Called it a day, and just relaxed, it was indeed nice to do so.

Hopefully, bands will recover soon, we do have some expeditions coming up, but they may, or may not make an appearance. Let's see what next week brings us?