Author Topic: Yaesu FTM 3200DR  (Read 2858 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Yaesu FTM 3200DR
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »
Product Review FT 3200DR

If you have received your latest QST check the product review on page 42, this is a comprehensive review of this product.  To be honest about it, the set up could not be simpler, this rig offers Analog, or C4FM and does it automatically. No complicated menus, or set up just turn it on, program in the repeaters you want and go. If the signal received is C4FM you are switched to it automatically, if someone comes in the contact on Analog, it switches back to Analog. 

This unit offers 65 watts full output 10 watts medium and 5 watts for low power, in terms of current draw if you plan to use this one mobile 11 amps at 65 watts.

Without going in to more detail if your are interested in this radio check out the Product review.

Price tag is pretty low, but this is just one band and that is two meters, if there is activity of C4FM on 220 or 440 you may want a radio that will work those bands. Prices I found were Local $159.95 HRO $139.95 plus five more dollars off for Thanksgiving week. $129.95 and that is hard to beat. No tax, free shipping.

This was too good to pass up so we placed our order, thing is, I have been listening for three days to 147.15 and to 145.49 in Henderson. Know what I have heard? Nothing! So the question remains has C4FM caught on fully in this area? We have several dormant machines, only hearing a mournful ID now and then.

I would be interested in conducting some tests of analog versus digital in the near future. Thing is, we may never use this unit, or we may find some activity. It just is unknown at this time, but we are hopeful. However, nothing like being prepared and for the price tag, well if nothing more we have a second two meter radio.