Author Topic: A few words about expedtions  (Read 1036 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
A few words about expedtions
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:51:17 AM »
By passing the normal report this morning we have a few comments to add and perhaps it will benefit others, or newcomers.

The T31T logs are now on Club log, I checked my qsos and see that I have all of them in the log. To obtain verification of this expedition they are suggesting using Clublog and asking for a donation from the DX world.

A minimum of a $5.00 donation and more if you can spare it. My feelings on donating to expeditions are positive, thing is you have a group of ops going to a strange place. No magic wand is waved and suddenly they are there, no, there are transportation costs, license costs, food, tents, those essential things for living.

All we fellows state side have to do is make an effort to work them, plus gain a confirmation if we wish to go that route. Ever notice that expeditions do not want to fool with LOTW, why? Well, it is simple no donations, it does take an effort to put together a major operation, it is expensive, many of the countries I have worked would not have been possible without an expedition, it just would not have happened

So, donate a few dollars to the cause, it will not break your budget, plus it cuts some of the expense for the team. Thing is if you are not going to bother to confirm the contact, then why contribute to the QRM?  Having that proof of the contact is like the fish story, the big one that got away, the fish gets bigger and bigger every time the story is told. Having the proof in your hand removes all doubt.

Plus most expeditions send a nice card, multi pages with photographs and history of the expedition, it is well worth the money spent. After all, one cannot tell me that you went out, bought a top of the line radio, big amp, large tower and beam and cannot afford postage stamps for your cards, or a donation to the expedition.. Makes little sense.