Author Topic: DX Report 8/31/16  (Read 798 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 8/31/16
« on: August 31, 2016, 04:06:35 AM »
In comparison to the day before, what a let down nothing much in any direction on the bands. VP6J was heard on 7.024 up 0615Z but little else of notation.

In other operations, as predicted the A5 operation did not take place, and the XX9 operation has not been heard very well in the states. I did hear some stations on the West Coast calling, reports were 55, 54. 44 never be heard back this way. So far not enough activity to matter.

According to DX news another operation from VP6 is planned in September, but this is a Holiday type operation. I pay little attention to this type of expedition, or operation. Normally, you take this to mean I may be on, maybe not, no regular hours, or frequencies. Not worth the effort for the most part. Your chances of working this type of scenario are slim, take your chances and hope for the best.

We will see what today brings us, although a meager operation from VP6 has taken place on ten meters, I have listened and heard nothing, only a few stations in California calling and that was it. Not even a whisper back this way.