Author Topic: DX Report 4/27/16  (Read 869 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 4/27/16
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:41:39 AM »
Couple of comments: As you are aware band conditions are very poor and continue to be poor with little improvement in sight. The following operations we were expecting apparently did not happen, or may happen at a later date?

9M0S we saw only one meager spot for this one and that was done by a station in Hawaii. These islands are in dispute by three different countries and they have no agreement with one another. This was supposed to be on the air for ten days in April and ending on the 29th, unless there is a big amount of activity, write this off.

VK9NU shaping up like the previous attempts with VK9, VK9CK was certainly a big disappointment with little activity.

I will pass along the information I have for May expeditions and operations, but keep in mind these are not set in stone. They may happen, they may not, the proof is activity

EP2A continues to operate, but long periods of time between contacts, maybe on for one contact, gone, hour later maybe one, or two contacts. No rapid contacts, first heard they were in expedition mode, after that not sure what they are doing other then a hit and miss attempt.

Nothing much unusual to report, or notable stations, did I mention SP2ASP/A this is Monk Apollo on Mt. Athos, he is on now and then, but not on a regular basis. Expeditions are really frowned upon since the monks do not want the peace of the island disturbed. So, you either work Apollo, or nothing. He does qsl so this is not a problem

With that, we will see what happens today in between T storms.