Author Topic: DX Contest summation  (Read 886 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Contest summation
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »
Now that all the dust has cleared from the contest let's see what happened and what we worked. I had hoped to spend most of the contest on ten meters working some new band countries. Ten produced very little, mostly Caribbean stations and  few South Americans. Fifteen meters did not produce much either, once in a while one, or two VK stations made the scene, but otherwise not much.

I moved to 40 meters later on during the evening, I had some skeptical feelings since I did not have my second linear any longer for 40 meters only. However, there were surprises with 200 watts. Lots of stations from Europe, South America, the big surprise was in the early hours of Saturday morning I worked numerous Japanese stations on first call. Even VK and ZL. The next after some needed sleep I opted to try 20 again since 10 and 15 were not doing much. Lots of stations on from Europe, no problem, Cape Verde, South Africa and of course the long run of Japanese stations in the afternoon. Nothing really rare, No Chinese stations only two stations from Africa. Not a bad contest, just not a great one.

I love those programmed keyers in the rig, worked a total of 300 stations and finally gave it up on Sunday around 3 PM, the point is I used my programmed keyer and never touched my key. Amazing indeed, but it sure saved a lot of hand work.

The normal report will be posted in the afternoon instead of the early morning this time. I need a break from CW LOL