Author Topic: SPE Update November  (Read 2540 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
SPE Update November
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:21:45 AM »
It appears this fiasco will come to an end with the refund of my money, I was sent an e mail by Rachel Larkins President of SPE Expert, and my money and about 40 others will be refunded with a check by the end of the week. So, what do I do now? Well, I do have another more trusted outlet for Expert AMPs so we are in the process of reordering. However, if this is drug out for another six months, forget it.

I have been in contact with another ham in Brentwood, Tn. who was in for over $6300 we were planning a law suit against SPE if our money was not returned. This is the first time in nearly 60 years of hamming that I had this much stress in buying a product.

There are long established and honest dealers in the ham radio business, now not saying these two women were not honest, they just did not have good business sense. You do not close a business, walk away, never let your customers know about their orders and then you have to find the company President by various means.

In my case it appeared these two in charge of SPE were not trying to run, if they were a poor job was done, I easily found their home addresses, phone numbers and filed charges with two police departments in Texas.

Hopefully, this debacle will come to an end with a check in my hand within a few days, I was given my check number and have documented everything in a folder so just in case I have to file anything else I have all the information.

If you read about Expert amps, they are great, weigh little and produce 1500 watts out with an incredible 5 watts of drive. You can attach two radios at a time, select the one you want and the antenna you need for either radio. For the last few years I have been using a Tokyo High Power amp Hl 2.5 and it is flawless. I have decided to move away from tubes for good, expense to replace is just too much, gone will be the heavy monsters of yesteryear. The Expert is very light and small in size. love that. Well standby,hope to do a product review with in a few weeks.