Author Topic: Ten Tec's demise?  (Read 2873 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Ten Tec's demise?
« on: December 07, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
I have read with great interest the latest developments at Ten TEC, Seems that RKR who bought them earlier could not make a go of it, now the company has been sold again, but no one seems to mention who that is at this time?

Some suspect MFJ, that may be correct, or some other company. So, now we have a number of die hard Ten Tec fans worried about product support. Thing is, if you look on various web sites, the opinion of Ten Tec is you either love them or never want another product.

I am not a Ten Tec fan after owning a pitiful excuse for a radio some years ago, namely the Paragon. My ratings on this one is 0 not even a half point!  In addition to that I also had a less then stellar operation with an Omni 5. Numerous problems with this radio attempting to operate FD, it was switched out to a FT 97 Yaesu and that rig was flawless.

Personally, I will never own another Ten Tec that was before i had the two radios mentioned and for sure now, no Ten Tec gear will not darken my shack again. I wish those who own Ten Tec a workable solution, but it appears that Ten Tec may not survive in the next few weeks.