Author Topic: SPE Expert AMP ripoff  (Read 2819 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
SPE Expert AMP ripoff
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:28:39 AM »
This is a some what long story, so I will try and condense it on this web site.

Back in May of 2015 I ordered a new amp from SPE Expert, these are great products, but apparently the persons running SPE had no idea of what they were doing. Oh their web site gave their names as Rachel Frost Larkins and Elizabeth Frost White as the partners in the company. In fact they also said their father was an active ham for decades and ran a ham radio store in the state of Texas.

When I placed my order, I was supposed to get a sale discount for summer sale, so I sent in my check a bank draft check to cover the cost of the unit. I was told it would take a few months to since these units are built from order. Expert amps come from Italy, great design and advanced technology. You can see the adds in QST from another company in Texas as well.

So, I patiently waited for the product to be delivered six months went by and no product, prior to this I got Rachel Larkins to respond to my question of when delivery time would take place. The reply was sometime around the first of the year, Ok, long wait, but I felt it was worth it.

Two weeks ago, I sent E mails to Larkins as to a definitive date of delivery, no reply, sent another, no reply, began to suspect something,so did a little research. Found out all orders Larkins received were cancelled, no contact to advise customers of the decision. No letters, called the phone number and got an answering machine, it stated this office is closed and no further orders are being accepted.

I found out that Larkins and White apparently got in a big mess and had to drop the outlet, my question is who has the money? Today, I am heading to my bank to see if my check was cashed and obtain a copy of it. If it has not, then stop payment will be issued.

I have filed a complaint with the Texas AG and plan to file based on my finding today a mail fraud complaint as well against both of these women. Thing is, I am not willing to wait another six months for the product, nor do I want to do business with the second outlet. Now according to all the internet info on these two, honest, trustworthy, long reputation of being honest. So, where is the money?

I will also file a complaint with the Texas AG against Elizabeth White as well, so with that who knows? Also, the same story of honesty and great reputation is also said about Bob Hardie of the second outlet. He is President of the Texas DX club.

However, fool me once, I got suckered, try and fool me twice and you will pay the costs. This may result in a law suit, since my son is an attorney I have the Pro Bono service.

In the interim time avoid this product, buy an Avcom from HRO or other ham radio dealers, SPE apparently a rip off and has totally turned me off any further products from Expert.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:26:28 PM by k4lrx »