Author Topic: DX Report 2/25/13  (Read 1368 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 2/25/13
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »
A few to to mention this morning, 3D2NB on 7002.7 up 1 to two. Signal at my location was not very strong this morning, but copyable. This operation is from Fiji, but concentrating on the IOTA location. If you are an IOTA hunter this one is a rare location, otherwise it counts for Fiji.

H44KW this is two fellows from England and they plan to operate from this location, namely Solomon Islands until February 28th. So far on 40 this operation has been spotted around 1000z, that is 4:00 Am local time. I have yet to hear them on 40, only limited operation on twenty. Nice catch if you can find them, but the operating times and the short periods of activity make this one a challenge.

There are two stations operating from XT land, grab this one while you can, XT2CJA a Japanese group and XT2TT not sure of the origin of this one. Both were worked on twenty meters, frequencies are varying so be sure to check DXscape for all details. XT2TT has been heard on 40 around 700Z working 40 ssb. It may be some time to have further activity from this country, the fact we have two stations active makes it easier to work.

Up coming is a group that plans to operate from rare Clipperton Island. over the years this one has been activated many times, but always draws a crowd on any band. One of my biggest dx thrills many years ago was to work this first expedition in  decades  to this remote place on 75 meter ssb. In future expeditions I added three more bands, so unless some 30 meter activity is planned I will pass this one up for now.

Lastly, BD4QA continues to be spotted by W3LPL in the early hours of the morning, i have heard this station once with a faint signal. I e mailed the op about a schedule, but due to language barriers he indicated I was not in the log. Of course not, we have not worked yet, maybe at some later dates we will have better luck.

From the scant information I have on China hams most are limited to 100 watts and modest antennas. So be it, we can still keep trying for a contact on 40. Only station heard from China with any signal at all was B1Z heard in the DX contest in November. I copied this station and called, but so did a wall of west coast stations. I will wait and see what develops, BTW B1Z is a contest station only, so if it is heard at all it will be in the contests next year.

There are several stations worked from China on 20, but 40 indeed provides a challenge.