Author Topic: DX comments 2/19/13  (Read 1291 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX comments 2/19/13
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
I have observed DXscape in the last few days and have only seen a few sparse spots for 9U4U, the operator is slow to come back to stations calling and often long pauses in returns. On the other hand the operation on twenty was in full swing the night of the 18th with a very good signal on twenty lasting until the band folded around seven PM. local time.

Op was working JA stations with an occasional stateside contact, the op required multiple calls before picking out someone to return to, made it a little slow and often frustrating. However, the twenty meter operation so far is much more efficient then the sparse 40 meter cw operation.

Still not sure of the operation on 40 meters, it just does not sound like it was legit for 40 at this time. As I mentioned, take your chances on the station you worked on 40. Check the 9u4U web site for log information, if you are not in the log, of course you worked the pirate.

I do realize on all these posting I have made, most are for the cw band, since I am a cw op I normally work a lot of stations on cw during the course of the week. Perhaps, we have some phone dxers who would like to post information on this site.

It is easy to join it and sign up, share your information with others on the web site.

BTW latest word is IRC are really a pain for most DX stations, so use the green stamps instead if you are needing qsls from a dx station. It is not advisable to place call letters on foreign mail, just the person's name and address will suffice.

If you prefer not to register and wish to contribute, you may send me your information and I can post it for you. No problem.

On other words about DXing, those that worked up to honor roll status and multiple awards did not do this in one day, in my case I have been working dx and chasing awards since 1956. I still do after five decades and have never lost my desire for it.

If you as a newcomer, or beginner in the dx world have questions, not sure, how to qsl, or what steps to take about bureaus etc. Remember,there are no stupid questions, drop me an e mail in this case.

For now, good dxing, work lots of DX and have fun, this is what it is all about in ham radio.