Author Topic: Comments on DXscape posting.  (Read 1368 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
Comments on DXscape posting.
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
There are several dx websites that are available to you as a radio amateur, but some persist on misusing the site in some manner. DXscape as an example has a few flaws and how to post useful information. Here are my pet peeves with the site and of course wish those responsible would cease doing so for the benefit of us all.

1 Self Spotting, stop it, you are not DX you can generate some interest in your signal without advertising your self that you are on a certain frequency, or band. In the general interest of DXers you are not DX in North America. If one checks the U.S. listings it is of no interest to see a stateside self spotter.

2    U.S. stations spotting other U.S. stations on DXscape, now really is a qso you had with another ham on twenty meters in North America worthy to post since both of you are in the same country?  As the name implies of the site it is DXscape.

3 Spotting your log that is a string of posts of stations you just worked, who cares? Most are the more common countries that really do not need to be posted.

4. Spotting of QZ6TZR this is a wasted effort, I might ask if you if you have nothing else to do other then clog up a DX site with this nonsense?

5 Posting of every contact you make and then add LOTW who cares? Post the rarer ones, not your log, if you use LOTW or direct, if really is of no interest.

6. Posting your latest country total, no one cares but you, pointless.

7. Abusive comments and mail directed toward others, leave that off the site.

Just some of my thoughts and comments if you have some to add do add them on the W9OG site.