Author Topic: DX Report 1/16/13  (Read 1422 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 1/16/13
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:09 AM »
A couple of posts ago I commented on EQSL and the program, yesterday I received a qsl card request from CE2AWW via EQSL I had a qso with this station on the 14th.. I replied to this station apparently he needed my state for WAS. Since I have Chile confirmed on four bands with DXCC I really did not need to exchange cards with this station. However, I did reply to his request. Indeed wonderful this age we live in and how fast we can do things.

On the DX front, ZL1BVB very active on 40 meters in the morning hours, 1200Z 8) 7.005 very good signal from this station, a good 579.

There was a minor eruption from PY0F on 40 on the evening of the 15th. this is the Island of Fernando De Noronha and is a separate entity. Last time this operation had activity was about six months ago, I needed this on 20, but the operator got on a JA run and it went on for hours. Not working a single N.A. station. After that run, the operation folded and was not heard again.

>:( >:(

Hopefully, this time they will work some stations in NA. but so far this operation has been very sparse and few contacts, plus only one spot on DX scape has been seen.

BD4QA and BD4OGO continue to be spotted by W3LPL on 40 in the early hours of the morning, mostly heard on 7.023 khz apparently W3LPL is the only one who hears them, no one else does. I have heard BD4OGO once very weakly. I even sent an e mail trying to arrange a schedule, but nothing.

Another one that surfaces occasionally on 40 around 0000Z around 7.015khz is D3AA Angola, seems like this station does not stay around too long. Makes a few contacts and then vanishes. Signal at my location is about 559 to 579. To complicate matters he does operate split, so the pile up from stateside covers him and of course makes things difficult.

Stay tuned for more goodies, in a few months the 40 meter band will become noisy and I will sleep in mornings and work twenty later on in the day.  8)