Author Topic: DX Report 12/7/14  (Read 990 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 12/7/14
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:45:54 AM »
There is apparently an RTTY contest going on this weekend, plus the fact propagation has not been the best for the last few days.

I do have some stations to list and some other info.

5W1SA 7.013 0600Z.

S01WS 7.045 0525Z.

5N4AEM 14.227 0600Z.

FR5FC 21.262 2025Z.

HC2RCT/8 18.128 21:13Z A note on this one.  Info has it that this station is operating from HC8, normally the call sign is /HC8  so this does send up some questions. I worked this station, but the qsl route is an address in Russia. Plus the fact there may not be any documentation received at ARRL Take your chances with this one, but there is activation of HC8 normally in contests.

Seems like we had another Russian op claiming to be on South Sandwich, or Georgia and HC8, I worked him, but did not send for a card since it was doubtful anything in the form of documentation would ever reach the league. I have all of VP8 worked under previous expeditions. My advice, save your money on this one, if you do get any response, it may not count?  Good Luck on both ventures.

As to the VU4CB, VU4KV,VU4K operations they go via W4KVU, but nothing has been received and the first of these operations were way back in March of 2014. Since we worked all three we are shipping another mass request to W4KVU and see what happens?

I had sent a qsl card to VU3ARP for a ten meter qso back in April of this year, so far no response, so if you worked this station take your chances and good luck. Looks like this one is a dud.

Got a nice card from GD0OUD, worked on ten meters and TR8CA also on ten. Had numerous requests for qsls from the recent CQWW CW contest via E QSL. took care of the requests. Overall, looks like a pretty good month for DX.