Author Topic: DX Expeditons  (Read 1007 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Expeditons
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:54:19 AM »
Besides all the noise to be generated in January for the Navassa Island expedition we have another one in the works.

First, info has it that the call for Navassa will be K1N short and simple, plus it appears the operation will be for 15 days, more or less depending on the weather.

Also scheduled for that month I will believe it when I hear this one on the air is an operation from Iran. A Belgian group of ten is planning to operate as EP6T. for an extended stay. of a week, maybe longer. Now I hope this group is safe, but this is a dangerous place and I personally would never venture there.

More about this one later. My last contact with Iran was in 78.79.81 same station worked and he qsled all three times. It was EP2TY and the op was a Japanese stationed at the Japanese embassy. Contact was on 14 mhz and ssb, no cw from EP has ever been heard, so indeed if this one gets going we have a chance. The Belgian group plans SSB and CW on several bands. We will see what happens?

One station from Iran has surfaced on ten meters, however no chance of obtaining a qsl. The op states he cannot send cards due to the mailing costs and $10.00 might cover it, maybe not? I sent this op a couple of suggestions for qsl managers and one of them was W3HNK. W3HNK told me he had contacted this fellow and offered his services, but did not receive a reply. NO LOTW, EQSL, or QSL manager, we strike out on this one!

No, I am not sending $10.00 for a card, I have three from Iran and in time maybe someone will surface, but there is no long line to operate from that country. Looks like a dead end!

Hopefully, if the Belgian group does operate they will return home with out any problems.. Time will tell, stay tuned.