Author Topic: DX Comments 11/2/14  (Read 1148 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Comments 11/2/14
« on: November 02, 2014, 03:38:18 AM »
Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back and hour and we are all on the right time.

With that said, looks like the FT4TA operation is in full swing and some good ops, the signal at my location has been good, not outstanding, but good. Ops are well trained in handling large pile ups and of course a split operation. Since this one will be active until the 10th of November you have a lot of chances. The pile up should be dying down in a few days on some bands..

I did work the operation on 15 and prior to this expedition have a contact back a few years ago on twenty meters, so I am hoping for a ten meter contact as well. Maybe 40, but the way the band has been we shall see?

I did notice the 5R8M operation is on now and then, this one was active the first day they were on then it all has died down a little. I worked them on 10 and 15, that is the bands I needed them and got it.

I hope the KP1 operation gets off the ground, news is encouraging and once I receive anything about it will post it on the forum. I can use this one on 20 and ten, over the years we have it on other bands.

I have also noticed lack of qsl cards from India, worked a couple of stations on ten meters months ago, sent direct no cards have ever appeared. That includes the VU4 now and then operation, no cards have ever appeared and I know lots of people worked them.

Personally, I have had pretty good luck with the direct qsl routes, I use the plain white envelopes, insert one to my self in the envelope and a couple of green stamps. It works for the most part, about 80%,but there is always someone who does not respond, that is the way it is. I avoid sending direct to South America it seems the mail never arrives, or if it does nothing ever happens, so I rely on the bureau, or a manager.

I have good luck with most other operations, you take your chances with individuals and their honesty, but most do reply.

Ok regular reporting resumes Monday, the bands are pretty clogged with Sweep stakes this weekend, if that is your game, go for it and have some fun.