Author Topic: DX Comments 1/5/14  (Read 1020 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Comments 1/5/14
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »
With bad weather just around the corner for my location it will be a good day tomorrow just to work some DX and sit back in the old arm chair. Today, mostly RTTY contest activity and if you work that mode have fun and enjoy.

Couple of good comments:

This year I have seen more activity from H40FN an H40TA then all the years past, so this one should be easy to work if you are on at the same time they are of course. Times of operation are a little early for U. S. stations  but they are workable and active this year.

The upcoming expedition to Amsterdam Island is still in the works and should be heard about the third week of this month and until the first week in February. Been a while since any activity from this area, so we hope it is run like an expedition and not a leisure cruise. Hopefully, we can catch them on other bands besides 20, I have this entity worked on cw and SSB but only on 20, so I will be on the hunt for this one.

Sending off my qsl request to T32TM worked on ten meters via his manager K8NA this one looks promising so hope for the best. I also will ship off my request for a 40 meter qso with 9K2GS and hope for a paper card. It also appears to be promising, but then again we thought that for 9K2MU for a paper card and it has not happened.

Although he qsled via EQSL it is worthless for DXCC credit, so we worked 9k2GS and he has a manager, but again we may see a card and we may not.

On QSLs it appears rates are going up and up for direct mail, bureaus work, plus the out going bureau of the ARRL still offer a good bargain, state side qsl managers are the real answer for all of us and it does save money in postage.

Once the RTTY contest is over this weekend we can post new information as to what is worked and heard. Till then.