Author Topic: DX Report 12/9/13  (Read 1045 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 12/9/13
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:50:59 AM »
Hope everyone survived the ice and snow and did not lose any antennas. All four of mine are fine and standing tall on the tower!

VU7AG well according to their web site this should terminate on the 10th, not sure if they are going to make a last day operation, with lots of contacts, or continue with the vanishing act? Anyone's guess. I did work them on 20 ssb and cw, but did not need the entity on that band, or modes. Heard them on 40, they vanished quickly, same thing for 15 and ten meters...

I will keep a lookout for 15, but not holding my breath, catch someone there at the next operation if possible.

V63XG 7.008 1100Z good signal this morning, big pile up, but workable.

T32RC 14.027 up 1 0200Z. Heard on various bands big signal.

XV2RZ 21.026 0100Z good catch on any band.

I have not reported much this year on six meters, fact is nothing much has been heard on the band. ZD8UW made a brief appearance, but in checking to see if I had any copy I did not. In fact have not heard any signals on six for months. There have been reports of stations further south working CE2AWW on six. I have yet to hear this station, be nice catch on six, but have to hear something and as I mention this band has been dead most of the year. In fact, I having too much fun on 15/10 and have not worried about six. Still need one remaining state and that is KH6, but no action from anyone on the islands.

One has to look at this with the concept of who would any KH6 stations work unless the band is wide open to the world?  I cannot blame anyone on the islands for not using six meters. There is one super station, but they are rarely on six unless there are some openings to the mainland.   Oh Well, got others to chase.

Did resolve the OD5ZZ qsl problem with his manager NI5DX I have a card on the way. Manager verified he entered my call wrong in the search mode, then returned my card. NI5DX assures me it was his error and my card is on the way. Be glad to have Lebanon confirmed on 15. Let's see what today brings us in the DX battle?