Author Topic: DX Report 11/30/13  (Read 1042 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 11/30/13
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »
Lots of activity going on with several stations in rare places.

5W8A mostly cw 14.005 0800Z good signal.

VU7AG, worked on 14.195 down 5, signal peaks on the Northern heading and comes up aiming due North from my location. It appears on other bands like 15 the operation is on for short time, then vanishes. Nightly operation on 40 cw, but large pile up, frequencies vary. 7.021, 7.007, some times phone 7.098 listening up. Thing is, on twenty have worked these islands before, have it confirmed on SSB and CW. Hopefully, another contact on 15, but we shall see how the operation goes in the next few days. Forty, has a mid west and western states wall, be nice for a contact on that band, signal was heard once really well. Last night nothing, let's see how it goes?

3D2OV good CW op, this is Fiji, worked on 28.028 up 2, really good signal, 2000Z.

T32TM another run from T32, 21.270 0230Z and 28.460 2330Z. If you did not work the last expedition to T32 you have another chance. Wish someone would make a run to T31, one lonely contact on 15 cw way back in the late 50's. It was under the old prefix of VR1, one station a few years ago surfaced for a short time. Worked mostly JA stations and ignored state side callers, shame, the signal was very good at my location.

China continues to gain new ops and lots of stations being noted, they work a few stations and vanish, I do not think they have caught on to working pile ups, or want to work a large number of stations. Even tho, the numbers have improved, the operations are elusive, keep your ears open and on constant lookout for stations from China.

QSLs received D4C via E QSL from contest last weekend, only a couple of stations active from Cape Verde, big signals and large pile ups when they do appear.

Let's see what today brings us on the bands?