Author Topic: DX Report 10/16/13  (Read 1209 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 10/16/13
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
Couple of good ones showing up and with the lousy propagation this is indeed good to hear something on the bands.

The country of Mozambique is active, over the years there has not been much activity from this country, many years ago I worked it several times under the old CR7 prefix. When this country gained its independence from Portugal the prefix became C9 and now they are using C8.

Last operation I heard faintly was a suitcase operation a Japanese op was using a buddy pole mounted on a stick driven in the ground, well not much signal up this way, but he did make a few contacts.

C82DX is up and running, noted on several bands, managed to work them on twenty where I needed a contact for a new band country. Oddly, never worked this entity on twenty, but have contacts on 40,15,10.

If you have a beam aim it due East, the signal is pretty sharp and of course this country is bordered by Indian Ocean and just west of Madagascar.

Try 14.185 up 5 or six, op was asking up six and the callers were few, it was not hard to capture this one. 0200Z Signal was about 5X7 once peaked. Check web site for all qsl info, for stateside there is a Georgia address.

5T0JL 7.004 around 0500Z high speed cw op, good ears even tho static levels were high on 40 meters.