Author Topic: DX Report 9/25/13  (Read 1121 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 9/25/13
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
3D2GC worked this station on 15 2020Z, frequencies vary, but this was a cw contact up 1 khz from his frequency.

The rest of the story on this one, web site instructs you to qsl direct and that is an address in Bulgaria. It also asks for 2.5 dollars U.S. for a card. Another route is Pay Pal, I am skeptical of this route since my recent communications with a station in Lebanon. When asked about how he would verify who sent money via this method all communications stopped via e mail.

The web site for 3D2GC also states I will never receive any money placed in your envelope to me, use the bureau. So, this leaves us with some confusion, will the operation ever receive your green stamps, or qsl request?  Do you want to risk donation via Pay Pal that indeed your name will be verified and you are in line for a card? Quite frankly, I would like this one confirmed on 15, but the routes indicated  of actually receiving a card is dubious.

I will send one via the bureau and if it shows up fine, but if not, will work another expedition in the future. Now for those of you using LOTW according to the web site uploads will occur after the expedition. May be the best route for those using LOTW.

Since it is unlikely any funds will arrive sent to the Bulgaria address I would save your money and ship via the bureau. For those of you that have Pay Pal, it is your money, proceed with caution. 

9M6XRO 21.035  0025Z this station is on frequently, does qsl direct and I have his card. Nice signal when he is active.