Author Topic: DX Contest Summation 2/19/17  (Read 769 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Contest Summation 2/19/17
« on: February 19, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
Pretty good contest over all, it appears that 20 and 40 were the two of the work horses for the contest, or at least that is what I worked. We found the usual activity from Europe, Russia, Japan, Caribbean, South America. There were a few stations on from New Zealand, Australia, New Caledonia, Guam, and Hawaii was well represented.

40 Meters was very productive providing many contacts in to Japan, so what was missing this year? Africa, little to no activity from Africa, CN8KD was on for a few contacts, so was D4C. Other then that we worked and heard little. China, no contest stations, a few scattered stations but sparse contacts.

In another question where was XX9D opportunity to work a large amount of stations, yet not a peep from this operation, so be it. Propagation looked good until Sunday afternoon when I got back home. Twenty had dwindled down to nothing, so I opted for a Sunday afternoon snooze. I do not think I missed much.

The phone contest is coming up, so we plan to work a few stations, maybe attack 15, or 10, BTW ten produced only a few Caribbean stations, and a few South American efforts. Six, totally dead.

Ok, the contest is over at least the CW end till next year we have the phone contest ARRL and the CQ World Wide Cw and SSB coming.